Yield: 10 servings
If you're looking for low-fat, low-calorie, low-cholesterol and low-cost, here's your new favorite casserole. Zucchini, corn and bell pepper mixed combine with eggs to provide lots of vegetarian nutrition in a quiche-type dish that works for lunch, dinner or breakfast, and you can use the leftover frozen corn as a side for the next night.
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 cups cholesterol-free egg substitute
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar substitute (or standard sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat 11-by-7-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix zucchini, corn and bell pepper in baking dish.
- Whisk egg substitute, evaporated milk, sugar substitute, celery seed, salt and red pepper flakes, if desired, in large bowl; pour over vegetables in baking dish.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until golden.
(For nutritional information, see TLC Cooking.)