Garlic Sirloin Tip Roast
Whether reserved for special occasions or served regularly in your household on Sundays for dinner, Garlic Sirloin Tip Roast is a special treat. It's pierced all over with fresh garlic and is sure to fill your home with a mouthwatering aroma. (If you don't like garlic, you probably won't like this fare.) Remember, whole garlic bulbs stay fresh for two weeks to two months, but the shelf life drops to just a few days once you break open the bulb, so make sure you stuff your roast with fresh garlic.
- 4 pounds boneless sirloin trip roast
- 6-10 cloves of garlic, peeled and cut into slivers cut lengthwise (about 3 to 4 per clove)
Using a sharp knife with a blade a bit longer than a paring knife, cut into the meat just enough to slide one sliver of garlic into the cut. Continue doing this, covering the entire roast until all garlic slivers are used. Use your finger to reseal the cuts. Coat the roast generously with your favorite seasoning salt and leave it in the refrigerator overnight. Remove the roast from the refrigerator about an hour before you cook it. Either cook it on a rotisserie or in the oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit (162.7 degrees Celsius) for 35 to 40 minutes per pound. The meat thermometer reading should be between 150 degrees and 170 degrees Fahrenheit (65.5 and 76.6 degrees Celsius), depending on how well-done you prefer your roast. Let it rest 10 minutes to 15 minutes under tin foil before cutting.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- "Best Loved Slow Cooker Recipes." Publications International, Ltd. 2006. Green Chili Mac and Cheese (adapted)
- Caribbean Turkey Stew. Null, Gary. "Power Foods: The 15 Best Foods for Your Health." New American Library. 2006.
- HowStuffWorks.com. Vegetable-Chicken Noodle Soup. https://recipes.howstuffworks.com/vegetable-chicken-noodle-soup-recipe.htm
- Prevention Magazine. http://recipes.prevention.com/Recipe/white-chicken-chili.aspx" White Chicken Chili
- Schettler, Renee. "Real Simple: Meals Made Easy." Time Inc. Home Entertainment. 2006.
- Last-minute Lasagna
- Surina, Donna. Personal correspondence re: Tortellini Soup. Recipe adapted from Nancy Sigfried. Sept. 22, 2009.
- Surina, Donna. Personal correspondence re: Garlic Sirloin Tip Roast. Sept. 22, 2009.
- Ganderton, Deb. Personal interview re: baked potato recipe. Sept. 23, 2009.
- Surina, Echo. Source for making chicken broth in Vegetable Chicken Noodle Soup, Grilled Cheese Panini Sandwich.
- Three Bean Mole Chili. Modern Publishing's Popular Brands Cookbooks: Casseroles." Triangle Group Ltd. 1993. University of Wisconsin Horticulture Web site http://wihort.uwex.edu/fruitveggies/Leeks.htm"
Here is a delightful dish for a Fall harvest dinner party; Jim Deliman's carrot saffron soup recipe. Learn how to make Jim Deliman's carrot saffron soup.