File this one under "artistic license," as it's only a cake in the strictest sense of the word. While it's not a sweet dessert cake, you can cook spaghetti pasta with other typical Italian ingredients and then bake it in a cake pan before using the sauce as a "frosting" topper. Circular Bundt cake pans are even used sometimes to create an eye-catching main course. Look for recipes for spaghetti and meatball cake before your next dinner party to wow your guests with an unexpected treat.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Bud, Debbie. "Tomato Soup Cake I." allrecipes.com, 2010. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/tomato-soup-cake-i/detail.aspx
- "Coca-Cola Recipes: Coca-Cola Cake Recipes & More." thecoca-colacompany.com, 2010. http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com/heritage/recipes.html
- De Vera, Cory. "Odd Ingredients Show Up in "Weird Cake" Contest." recipecontests.com, August 1, 2009. http://www.recipecontests.com/news/messages/3241.html
- Flora. "Miracle Whip Cake Recipe." cdkitchen.com, 2010. http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/273/Miracle_Whip_Cake60215.shtml
- "History of the King Cake." holidays.net, 2010. http://www.holidays.net/mardigras/cake.htm
- Humes, Michelle. "The Duchess of Windsor's Pork Cake." seriouseats.com, July 24, 2009. http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2009/07/the-duchess-of-windsors-pork-cake.html
- "Peanut Butter & Jelly Swirl Bundt Cake." cooks.com, 2010. http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1723,157166-233199,00.html
- "Recipe: Chocolate Coca-Cola Cake." thecoca-colacompany.com, 2010. http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com/heritage/pdf/RECIPE_chocolatecolacake.pdf
- "Saltine Cracker Cake." cooks.com, 2010. http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,166,156160-240200,00.html
- "Sicilian Spaghetti Cake." astray.com, 2010. http://www.astray.com/recipes/?show=Sicilian%20spaghetti%20cake
- "Tofu." soyfoods.com, 2010.http://www.soyfoods.com/soyfoodsdescriptions/tofu.html
- "Whole Wheat Mirasol Spiced Chocolate Cake." darnhotpeppers.com, 2010. http://darnhotpeppers.com/faq-8.htm
Coffee flour makes use of the normally discarded fruit from the coffee berry. Find out about coffee flour from HowStuffWorks Now.