Separating an Egg
- Gently tap egg in center against a hard surface, such as the side of bowl.
- Holding shell half in each hand, gently transfer yolk back and forth between the 2 shell halves. Allow the white to drip down between the 2 halves into a small bowl.
Transfer the yolk between
the two shell halves.
- When all the white has dripped into bowl, place yolk in a second bowl.
Want more information? Try these:
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.
- Egg Recipes: Who knew there were so many different ways to prepare eggs? You'll find some delicious varieties on our Egg Recipes page.
- Breakfast Recipes: Start the morning off right with these scrumptious breakfast options.