Here are some fish recipes from our collection:
home cooking repertoire.
There are so many ways to prepare fish and so many different varieties that you could probably eat a different fish dish every day of the year and not even make a dent. Traditional preparations
are always popular, but with growing interest in global cuisines, more ethnic fish recipes are entering the mainstream. Surprisingly, few of them are complicated or difficult.
It's important not to overcook fish, as this makes the meat tough and destroys flavor. Fish is done cooking when the flesh turns opaque and begins to flake easily when tested with a fork. Cooking times vary with each fish and cut. The following are typical cooking times:
- 10 minutes per inch of fish
- 5 minutes per inch of fish cooked in a sauce
- 20 minutes per inch of fish if frozen
Want more information? Try these:
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.
- Cooking Seafood: Get your feet wet by exploring the best ways to prepare seafood.
- Fish Recipes: Reel in dozens of amazing fish recipes from this article.
- Shellfish: From shrimp and lobster to clams, mussels, and more, you'll find valuable information on shellfish at HowStuffWorks.