- Rinse fish pieces and pat dry with paper towels.
- Dip fish in coating mixture of your choice.
Coat the fish in a mixture of your choice.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in large, heavy saucepan over medium heat until a fresh bread cube placed in oil browns in 45 seconds (about 365 degrees Fahrenheit).
Heat the oil until a cube of bread browns in 45 seconds.
- Fry fish, a few pieces at a time, 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and fish flakes easily when tested with fork. Adjust heat to maintain temperature. (Allow temperature of oil to return to 365 degrees Fahrenheit between each batch.) Drain fish on paper towels.
Want more information? Try these:
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.
- Cooking Seafood: Get your feet wet by exploring the best ways to prepare seafood.
- Fish Recipes: Reel in dozens of amazing fish recipes from this article.
- Shellfish: From shrimp and lobster to clams, mussels, and more, you'll find valuable information on shellfish at HowStuffWorks.