- Rinse fillets and pat dry with paper towels.
- Lightly butter inside of each parchment heart. Place 1 piece of fish on 1 side of each heart.
Lightly butter each side of the parchment before placing the fish.
- Add additional ingredients, such as vegetables, and flavorings.
- Fold parchment hearts in half. Beginning at top of heart, fold the edges together, 2 inches at a time. At tip of heart, fold paper up and over.
Seal the fish inside by folding the parchment in half.
- Place hearts on large baking sheet. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork. To serve, place hearts on plates and cut an "X" through top layer of parchment, folding points back to display contents.
Place the fish directly on the serving plate inside the parchment.
While there are a few more health and sanitary issues to consider when cooking fish, it truly is no more difficult that any other meat. And, with all of the health benefits seafood provides, it more than makes up for its shortcomings.
Want more information? Try these:
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.
- Cooking Seafood: Get your feet wet by exploring the best ways to prepare seafood.
- Fish Recipes: Reel in dozens of amazing fish recipes from this article.
- Shellfish: From shrimp and lobster to clams, mussels, and more, you'll find valuable information on shellfish at HowStuffWorks.