Look no farther than garlic mushrooms if you want an easy addition to your tapas spread. They involve just four ingredients, and the prep work is little more than chopping a few cloves of garlic. Sauté the garlic in olive oil, toss in a few pounds of whole white mushrooms, add a splash of Spanish sherry and serve immediately.
- Epicurious. "Smoked Paprika Shrimp Tapas." April 7, 2005. (Nov. 28, 2011) http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/SMOKED-PAPRIKA-SHRIMP-TAPAS-1201265
- Food Network. "Garlic Mushrooms Tapas-Style." (Nov. 28, 2011) http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/garlic-mushrooms-tapas-style-recipe/index.html
- Food Network. "Tapas Party." (Dec. 1, 2011) http://www.foodnetwork.com/regional-international/tapas-party/index.html
- Food & Wine. "Tortilla Espanola." (Nov. 28, 2011) http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/mario-batali-tortilla-espanola
- Rombauer, Irma S., Marion Rombauer Becker and Ethan Becker. "The All New Joy of Cooking." Scribner. 1997.
- Simply Recipes. "Spanish Roasted Potatoes with Tomato Sauce." Sept. 26, 2011. (Nov. 28, 2011) http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/spanish_roasted_potatoes_with_tomato_sauce/
- Smitten Kitchen. "Spinach and Chickpeas." March 17, 2010. (Nov. 28, 2011) http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/03/spinach-and-chickpeas/
Pasta may not be as bad for you as people have thought. HowStuffWorks Now explores the health benefits of this Italian staple.