Hot Chocolate with Ginger
The addition of ginger to your traditional hot chocolate recipe does more than just add a spicy kick. Ginger is not only a great detoxifier, but it also has natural anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe gastrointestinal and digestive issues.
- 3 oz semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and chopped.
- Put chocolate pieces in a saucepan and add 1/2 cup of milk. Warm over low heat and stir constantly to avoid burning.
- Once chocolate is completely melted, add the rest of the milk and ginger.
- Heat thoroughly, but avoid bringing to a boil.
- Pour chocolate through strainer into mugs to remove ginger.