Hot Chocolate with Rum
Here's a yummy recipe for a hot chocolate libation, perfect for the over-21 crowd.
- Break chocolate into pieces.
- Combine chocolate, milk, cinnamon stick, honey and sugar in a saucepan and heat on low until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add vanilla and rum and whip with a whisk.
- Take out the cinnamon stick and pour into mugs.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- "Drinking Chocolate." Allchocolate.com, 2009. http://www.allchocolate.com/enjoying/drinking-chocolate/
- "Ginger." Whfoods.com, 2009. http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=72
- "Hot Chocolate? Hot Cocoa? The chocoholic's guide to the history and use of delicious hot beverages!" davesgarden.com, 2009. http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/2105/
- "Hot Chocolate - South American Style." Allrecipes.com, 2009. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Hot-Chocolate---South-American-Style/Detail.aspx
- Jaworski, Stephanie. "Hot Chocolate." Joyofbaking.com, 2009. http://www.joyofbaking.com/breakfast/HotChocolate.html
- Lawson, Nigella. "Alcoholic Hot Chocolate." Foodnetwork.com, 2009. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nigella-lawson/alcoholic-hot-chocolate-recipe/index.html
- Smythe, Lynn. "Authentic Mexican Hot Chocolate." Suite 101.com, September 3, 2009. http://herbsspices.suite101.com/article.cfm/authentic_mexican_hot_chocolate#ixzz0WIQJQKQ6
Coffee is clearly in its heyday, but the choices are getting confusing. HowStuffWorks looks at the today's choices and differences.