Substituting chicken breast for red meat in this meatloaf recipe makes for a delicious dish that's lower in calories and fat than traditional meatloaf. You can buy chicken and grind it yourself in the food processor, but most grocery stores carry prepackaged ground chicken.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176.6 degrees Celsius).
- Combine chicken and bread crumbs in large bowl and set aside.
- Cut the carrot and onion into chunks and add to blender.
- Add egg white, carrot, onion, ketchup, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, celery seed, salt and pepper to the blender and process until the carrot is very fine.
- Pour blender mixture over meat mixture and mix very well using your hands.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 9x13-inch pan, cover with foil and bake for one hour.
- Remove foil and continue baking for 15 to 30 minutes, until loaf is cooked all the way through.