Lots More Information
Those leftover cheese rinds can be valuable ingredients that you can harness into new recipes. We'll show you ways to use them as flavor enhancers.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Altman, Joey with Jennie Schacht. Without Reservations: How to Make Bold, Creative, Flavorful Food at Home. Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, 2008.
- Barker, Ben and Karen. Not Afraid of Flavor: Recipes from Magnolia Grill. Chapel Hill, North Carolina: The University of North Carolina Press, 2000.
- Conant, Scott with Joanne McAllister Smart. Bold Italian. New York: Broadway Books, 2007.
- Corrigan, Damian. "What is Tapas?" Spain Travel. About.com. (Accessed July 1, 2009). http://gospain.about.com/od/fooddrink/qt/tapasdefinition.htm
- Gand, Gale, Rick Tramanto and Julia Moskin. Butter Sugar Flour Eggs. New York: Clarkson N. Potter, Publishers, 1999.
- Henderson, Jeff. Chef Jeff Cooks. New York: Scribner, 2008.
- Hirsch, David. The Moosewood Restaurant Kitchen Garden, Revised. Berkeley: Ten Speed Press, 2005.
- Kalish, Susan. The Art of Napkin Folding: Completing the Elegant Table. Philadelphia: Running Press Book Publishers, 1988.
- Lagasse, Emeril with Marcelle Bienvenu. Emeril's Creole Christmas. New York: William Morrow and Company, Inc., 1997.
- Lagasse, Emeril with Marcelle Bienvenu and Felicia Willett. Every Day's a Party: Louisiana Recipes for Celebrating with Family and Friends. New York: William Morrow and Company, Inc., 1999.
- Lynch, Francis Talyn. Garnishing: A Feast for Your Eyes. Los Angeles: HPBooks, 1987.
- Morton's The Steak House. "Restaurant-Quality Meals in the Comfort of Your Home." November 17, 2008. (Accessed 06/23/2009). http://www.thebeststeakanywhere.com/item.php?date=2008-11-17
- Neufeldt, Victoria, editor in chief. Webster's New World Dictionary, Third College Edition. New York: Simon & Schuster, Inc., 1988.
- Oliver, Jamie. Jamie's Italy. New York: Hyperion, 2006.
- Oliver, Lynn, editor. "The Food Timeline." Updated June 13, 2009. (Accessed July 1, 2009). http://www.foodtimeline.org/foodfaq7.html#appetizers
- Online Etymology Dictionary. Search: "truck garden." November 2001. (Accessed June 29, 2009). http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=truck+garden&searchmode=none
- Tramonto, Rick with Mary Goodbody. Osteria: hearty Italian fare from Rick Tramonto's kitchen. New York: Broadway Books, 2008.
- United States Department of Agriculture, Food Safety and Inspection Service. "Inspection and Grading of Meat and Poultry: What Are the Differences?" Fact Sheets: Production and Inspection. Last modified August 22, 2008. (Accessed July 1, 2009). http://www.fsis.usda.gov/FactSheets/Inspection_&_Grading/index.asp
- University of Oklahoma. "Couch Restaurants." Housing and Food Services. (Accessed July 3, 2009). http://housing.ou.edu/content/view/1002/
- Word.com. Merriam-Webster Online Newsletter. June 2006. (Accessed June 29, 2009). http://www.word.com/unabridged/archives/2006/06/from_the_mail_s_10.html