Lots More Information
A microwave oven can be convenient for cooking lots of things, but steak? HowStuffWorks explores whether it's a good idea or not.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Altman, Joey with Jennie Schacht. Without Reservations: How to Make Bold, Creative, Flavorful Food at Home. Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, 2008.
- Barker, Ben and Karen. Not Afraid of Flavor: Recipes from Magnolia Grill. Chapel Hill, North Carolina: The University of North Carolina Press, 2000.
- Conant, Scott with Joanne McAllister Smart. Bold Italian. New York: Broadway Books, 2007.
- Corrigan, Damian. "What is Tapas?" Spain Travel. About.com. (Accessed July 1, 2009). http://gospain.about.com/od/fooddrink/qt/tapasdefinition.htm
- Gand, Gale, Rick Tramanto and Julia Moskin. Butter Sugar Flour Eggs. New York: Clarkson N. Potter, Publishers, 1999.
- Henderson, Jeff. Chef Jeff Cooks. New York: Scribner, 2008.
- Hirsch, David. The Moosewood Restaurant Kitchen Garden, Revised. Berkeley: Ten Speed Press, 2005.
- Kalish, Susan. The Art of Napkin Folding: Completing the Elegant Table. Philadelphia: Running Press Book Publishers, 1988.
- Lagasse, Emeril with Marcelle Bienvenu. Emeril's Creole Christmas. New York: William Morrow and Company, Inc., 1997.
- Lagasse, Emeril with Marcelle Bienvenu and Felicia Willett. Every Day's a Party: Louisiana Recipes for Celebrating with Family and Friends. New York: William Morrow and Company, Inc., 1999.
- Lynch, Francis Talyn. Garnishing: A Feast for Your Eyes. Los Angeles: HPBooks, 1987.
- Morton's The Steak House. "Restaurant-Quality Meals in the Comfort of Your Home." November 17, 2008. (Accessed 06/23/2009). http://www.thebeststeakanywhere.com/item.php?date=2008-11-17
- Neufeldt, Victoria, editor in chief. Webster's New World Dictionary, Third College Edition. New York: Simon & Schuster, Inc., 1988.
- Oliver, Jamie. Jamie's Italy. New York: Hyperion, 2006.
- Oliver, Lynn, editor. "The Food Timeline." Updated June 13, 2009. (Accessed July 1, 2009). http://www.foodtimeline.org/foodfaq7.html#appetizers
- Online Etymology Dictionary. Search: "truck garden." November 2001. (Accessed June 29, 2009). http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=truck+garden&searchmode=none
- Tramonto, Rick with Mary Goodbody. Osteria: hearty Italian fare from Rick Tramonto's kitchen. New York: Broadway Books, 2008.
- United States Department of Agriculture, Food Safety and Inspection Service. "Inspection and Grading of Meat and Poultry: What Are the Differences?" Fact Sheets: Production and Inspection. Last modified August 22, 2008. (Accessed July 1, 2009). http://www.fsis.usda.gov/FactSheets/Inspection_&_Grading/index.asp
- University of Oklahoma. "Couch Restaurants." Housing and Food Services. (Accessed July 3, 2009). http://housing.ou.edu/content/view/1002/
- Word.com. Merriam-Webster Online Newsletter. June 2006. (Accessed June 29, 2009). http://www.word.com/unabridged/archives/2006/06/from_the_mail_s_10.html