How to Poach Chicken
- Combine ingredients for poaching liquid in large saucepan or stockpot.
- Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry with paper towels; add to poaching liquid.
- Bring the liquid to a boil over medium-high heat. Immediately reduce heat to low and cover.
- Simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Remove chicken from liquid using tongs. Strain stock; refrigerate or freeze for another use.
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- Chicken Recipes: Chicken is a very versatile food that can take on a variety of different flavors and be used in all kinds of dishes. Find some suggestions on our Chicken Recipes page.
- Grilling Chicken: Chicken on the grill is a less-mess and delicious way to prepare poultry. Find helpful tips on grilling chicken in this article.
- Preparing Chicken: Learn some basic chicken preparation techniques in this article, including how to stuff a chicken, how to marinate chicken, and more.
- Cooking Chicken: Cooking chicken can be a bit difficult because it's imperative that the meat is cooked all the way through. Gather helpful tips at HowStuffWorks.
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.