YIELD Makes 18 cupcakes
|1‑1/4||cups all-purpose flour|
|3/4||teaspoon baking powder|
|1/2||teaspoon baking soda|
|3/4||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/8||teaspoon ground cloves|
|1/8||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/8||teaspoon ground allspice|
|3/4||cup whipping cream|
|1/4||cup butter, softened|
|1/4||cup granulated sugar|
|1/4||cup packed brown sugar|
|3/4||cup sweetened shredded coconut|
|Maple Frosting (recipe)|
|Toasted coconut, chow mein noodles, shredded wheat cereal, assorted candies and decorating gel|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 18 standard (2-1/2-inch) muffin pan cups with paper baking cups. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices in medium bowl; set aside. Combine cream and molasses in small bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter in large bowl until creamy. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture alternately with cream mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in coconut; spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling about half full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes to racks; cool completely.
- Prepare Maple Frosting. Frost cupcakes and decorate to make scarecrow faces as shown in photo.
You Might Also Like
Halloween can be a scary time, but you don't have to be scared in the kitchen because our recipes will be right there to comfort you.
Learn to make butter & sugar cookies with our quick and easy recipes. Butter & sugar cookies make a wonderful dessert or snack.