Everyone needs a comfort food fix once and a while. Macaroni and cheese and the chicken noodle casserole perfectly embody good old American comfort food dishes. You can make fancier versions with butter and cream sauces, but for a pasta dish anyone can make, try the following: Get some egg noodles, cream of mushroom soup, boneless chicken breast, parmesan cheese and canned fried onions. Cook your egg noodles, grill or sauté your chicken and open your canned goods. Add the soup, noodles and chicken and spice it up with some sage or poultry seasoning, oregano, salt and pepper. Put it in a glass casserole dish, add the cheese and fried onions on top and bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until it looks like crunchy brown baked goodness. If you want to make it a little healthier, go with a low-sodium, low-fat soup and add some broccoli florets.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Cathy, P. "Asian Pasta Salad." allrecipes.com, 2009. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Asian-Pasta-Salad/Detail.aspx
- Cheric. "Roasted Vegetable Pasta Recipe." grouprecipes.com, 2009 http://www.grouprecipes.com/55279/roasted-vegetable-pasta.html
- "Classic Marinara Sauce Recipe." recipetips.com, 2009. http://www.recipetips.com/recipe-cards/t--2755/classic-marinara-sauce.asp
- "Classic Pesto with Linguine." howstuffworks.com, 2009. https://recipes.howstuffworks.com/classic-pesto-with-linguine-recipe.htm
- "Easy Mediterranean Pasta Salad." simplytasty.com, 2009. http://simplytasty.blogspot.com/2009/05/mediterranean-pasta-salad.html
- "Mediterranean Pasta with Artichokes, Olives, and Tomatoes." wholeliving.com, 2009.
- "Pasta Fruit Salad." cooks.com, 2009. http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1843,151168-231194,00.html
- "Pasta Shapes." foodsubs.com, 2009.
- "Penne with Vodka and Tomato Cream Sauce." cooks.com, 2009. http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1615,156174-237199,00.html
- Piazza. "Mexican Pasta." allrecipes.com, 2009. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mexican-Pasta/Detail.aspx
Are you looking for some tips for quick and easy Italian dinners? Then check out these 5 tips for quick and easy Italian dinners.