Lots More Information
Kids are more likely to eat food they've helped to prepare. Here are 5 Italian dishes kids can make from HowStuffWorks.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Anderson, J. Colorado State University Extension. "Iron: An Essential Nutrient." June 2006. (July 5, 2009)http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/foodnut/09356.html
- Ball Park Products. "Ball Park Franks." (July 5, 2009)http://www.ballparkfranks.com/product_fra_franks.html
- Josche, Carrie. Mother of three children ages 9, 5, and 3, personal correspondence. June 25, 2009.
- Kraft Foods. "Oscar Mayer-hot dogs-weiners-regular-10 count, Nutrition Facts." (July 6, 2009)http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/Products/ProductInfoDisplay.aspx?SiteId=1&Product=4470000063
- Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. "Macaroni and Cheese Spirals--Nutrition Facts." (July 5, 2009)http://brands.kraftfoods.com/thecheesiest/nutrition-information.aspx?site=1&Product=2100065897
- Krieger, Sarah. Registered dietician and spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association, personal interview. June 29,2009.
- Nicholson, Stephanie. Mother of two children ages 8 and 3, personal correspondence. June 29, 2009.
- Pizza Hut. "Nutrition Information." (July 5, 2009) http://www.pizzahut.com/Files/PDF/Updated%20PH%20Brochure%2006.22.09.pdf
- Tanner-Blasiar, Marilyn. Registered dietitian with Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis and American Dietetic Association spokesperson. Personal interview. July 5, 2009.
- Torgan, Carol Ph.D.. Word on Health. "Childhood Obesity on the Rise." June 2002. (June 25, 2009)http://www.nih.gov/news/WordonHealth/jun2002/childhoodobesity.htm
- U.S. Department of Agriculture. "MyPyramid Plan." April 15, 2009. (July 5, 2009)http://www.mypyramid.gov/mypyramid/results.html?name=undefined&age=8&gender=female&weight=34&heightfeet=4&heightinch=2&activity=sed&weightN=34&heightfeetN=4&heightinchN=2&validweight=0&validheight=0&
- U.S. Department of Agriculture."MyPyramid, Tips & Resources: Counting Mixed Dishes in MyPyramid."http://www.mypyramid.gov/tips_resources/mixed_food_information_table.html
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion. "Expenditures on Children by Families, 2007." March 2008. (June 26, 2009) http://www.cnpp.usda.gov/Publications/CRC/crc2007.pdf
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics. "Prevalence of Overweight Among Children and Adolescents: United States, 2003-2004." April 2006. (June 29, 2009)http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/pubs/pubd/hestats/overweight/overwght_child_03.htm
- Vienna Beef. "Vienna Beef Franks." (July 5, 2009)http://www.viennabeef.com/products/item.asp?PRODUCT_ID=2
- Webb, Sara. Mother of two children ages 7 and 3 1/2, personal correspondence. June 26, 2009.
- Zied, Elisa. Registered dietician, spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association and author of Feed Your Family Right!, personal interview. June 29, 2009.