Pumpkin butter does not, in fact, contain any butter -- it's just a delicious, fragrant spread that you can enjoy on all manner of baked goods, use as a pie or tart filling or swirl into oatmeal and yogurt. Many recipes call for the freshly baked gourd, but we promise no one will be the wiser if you open a can instead. Simmer a mixture of pumpkin purée, brown sugar, apple cider and spices for a half-hour or so, and then seal in jars. Make some pretty labels for the containers and wrap them with some ribbon for a great holiday gift.
- All About Pumpkins. http://www.allaboutpumpkins.com/ (Jan. 9, 2012)
- Dogtime. "Top 10 Constipation Cures for Dogs." (Jan. 4, 2012) http://dogtime.com/top-10-constipation-cures.html
- Food Network. "Creamy Baked Pumpkin Risotto." (Jan. 4, 2012) http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/aida-mollenkamp/creamy-baked-pumpkin-risotto-recipe/index.html
- Food Network. "Pumpkin Ravioli." (Jan. 4, 2012) http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/wolfgang-puck/pumpkin-ravioli-recipe/index.html
- Health. "Pumpkin Ravioli." (Jan. 4, 2012) http://www.health.com/health/recipe/0,,10000001046792,00.html
- Self Nutrition Data. "Pumpkin: Cooked, Boiled, Drained, Without Salt." (Jan. 4, 2012) http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2601/2
- U.S. National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health. "Protein in diet." http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002467.htm
Here is a delightful dish for a Fall harvest dinner party; Jim Deliman's carrot saffron soup recipe. Learn how to make Jim Deliman's carrot saffron soup.