Why not shake things up and have dinner for breakfast? There are certainly no rules saying you can't. And if you're bored of eating the same old morning meal every day, dinner for breakfast will keep things interesting.
Of course, we're not talking cold pizza or reheated wings. Think about a baked potato with plain Greek yogurt in place of sour cream, sprinkled with chives. Or a hearty vegetable soup with some whole-grain crusty bread on the side. How about a high-protein veggie burger on a wheat tortilla? The sky's the limit!
For more about breakfast and other foods, check out the links below.
- Aubrey, Allison. "A Better Breakfast Can Boost a Child's Brainpower." National Public Radio. Aug. 31, 2006. (July 31, 2010) http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5738848
- "Breakfast." FoodReference.com. 2010. (July 31, 2010) http://www.foodreference.com/html/fbreakfast.html
- Davis, Jeanie Lerche. "Lose Weight: Eat Breakfast." WebMD. 2005. (July 31, 2010) http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/lose-weight-eat-breakfast
- Edmonds, CJ and Smith, T. "Potassium." Ithyroid.com. March 1992. (July 31, 2010) http://www.ithyroid.com/potassium.htm
- Ovrut, Janel. "Breakfast for Your Brain and Body." SuperKids Nutrition. 2010. (July 31, 2010) http://www.superkidsnutrition.com/nutrition_answers/mt_breakfastbrain.php
- Picotte, Heather. "Breakfast Epiphanies." Alive. November 2003. (July 31, 2010) http://www.alive.com/1562a4a2.php?subject_bread_cramb=83
- Schwader, Ashley. "Benefits of Greek Yogurt." Livestrong.com. Feb. 23, 2010. (July 31, 2010) http://www.livestrong.com/article/86488-benefits-greek-yogurt/
- Stefanov, Sebastien. "The Truth About Eggs." AskMen.com. 2010. (July 31, 2010) http://www.askmen.com/sports/foodcourt_60/66_eating_well.html
- Zelman, Kathleen. "The Many Benefits of Breakfast." MedicineNet.com. Aug. 30, 2007. (July 31, 2010) http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=50736
HowStuffWorks looks at the composition of coconut oil and whether it has any health benefits.