Getting back to the rich salad dressings that so many people love, here is a recipe that won't give your doctor palpitations.
- 1/2 cup plain, fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup of frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced tarragon leaves
Mix everything in a small bowl, and you have a creamy homemade dressing with a fraction of the fat and all of the taste you'd find in restaurants. If you're a purist and the low-fat sour cream is still too much for you, you can always go for fat-free.