Lots More Information
If you're planning on deep-frying your turkey for Thanksgiving, HowStuffWorks Now recommends reading this first.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- American Farm Bureau. "Classic Thanksgiving Dinner Still Affordable." November 13, 2008. (August 25, 2009)http://www.fb.org/index.php?fuseaction=newsroom.newsfocus&year=2008&file=nr1113.html
- The Cranberry Institute. "Frequently Asked Questions." (August 24, 2009)http://www.cranberryinstitute.org/cranfacts/faq.htm
- Feller, Ben. The Seattle Times. "Bush pardons Thanksgiving Turkey after Barney put 'Flyer' to flight." November 23, 2006.http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2003444313_pardon23.html
- Gates, Dawn. Communication manager for the Cape Cod Cranberry Growers' Association and fourth generation cranberry grower. Personal interview. August 26, 2009.
- Jamieson, Saralee. Silver Threads. "Pumpkin Facts." November/December 2007. (August 27, 2009)http://extension.missouri.edu/silverthreads/2007%20articles/pumpkin%20facts.htm
- Ketover, Megan. C.P.C, pastry chef/adjunct professor at Bakery Hill at Midwest Culinary Institute in Cincinnati and a member of the American Culinary Federation. Personal correspondence. August 27, 2009.
- Kraft Foods. "Festive Cranberry Dip for Fresh Fruit." (August 26, 2009)http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/festive-cranberry-dip-for-89998.aspx
- Leonardi, Joseph. C.E.C., executive chef at Somerset Club in Boston and member of the American Culinary Federation. Personal correspondence. August 27, 2009.
- Myers, Meredith. Manager of public relations for the United States Potato Board. Personal interview and correspondence. August 25, 2009.
- National Turkey Federation. "NTF Chairman Celebrates 60thAnniversary of Presenting the U.S. President with the National Thanksgiving Turkey." November 20, 2007. (August 26, 2009)http://www.eatturkey.com/news/news_print.cgi/151/1
- Ore-Ida. "Ore-Ida Fun Zone: Fun Facts." (August 26, 2009)http://www.oreida.com/funzone.funfacts.aspx
- The Portland Tribune. "Thanksgiving Day dinner stays 'affordable'" November 13, 2008. (September 3, 2009).http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/story.php?story_id=122660603802570700
- Rosenblatt, Sherrie. Spokesperson for the National Turkey Federation. Personal interview. August 25, 2009.
- University of Massachusetts Cranberry Station. "How Cranberries Grow." (August 26, 2009)http://www.umass.edu/cranberry/cranberry/seasons/shtml
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service. "Briefing Rooms: Potatoes." July 31, 2009. (August 24, 2009)http://www.ers.usda.gov/Briefing/Potatoes/
- Virginia Pumpkin Growers Association. "Pumpkin Facts." (August 27, 2009)http://www.pumpkinva.org/index.php?slug=pumpkin-facts
- Washington State Potato Commission. "Fun Fact and Trivia." (August 26, 2009)http://www.potatoes.com/FunFactsandTrivia.cfm
- Williams-Clark, Sara. Chef-instructor at Le Cordon Bleu St. Louis and member of the American Culinary Federation. Personal correspondence. August 27, 2009.