Potatoes as the Appetizer
Leftover baked potatoes can also act as appetizers. Twice-baked potatoes are a great option for lots of leftover potatoes. Meredith Myers, manager for public relations at the U.S. Potato Board, recommends this recipe for spicy skins [source: Myers].
- Slice off about one-fourth of the top of a baked potato.
- Scoop out the inside of the potatoes and mash them with equal parts milk and plain yogurt.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Sautee chopped onions and green peppers in a pan until tender.
- Add a few red pepper flakes for spice.
- Combine the mashed potato mixture and the sautéed ingredients.
- Add in a few bites of leftover turkey and a can of green chilies.
- Stuff the potato skins with the mixture.
- Top with a Mexican-cheese blend.
- Bake filled skins at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (204 degrees Celsius) for 20 minutes.