Lots More Information
The Shamrock Shake is legendary at McDonald's and now it's celebrating 50 years. We're spilling everything to know about this fab milkshake.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- All Baking Recipes. "International Cake Recipes." Undated. 2/14/10.http://www.allbakingrecipes.com/baking-recipes/international-cakes/international-cakes.php
- Beyond French. "Gateau des Rois Recipe." Undated. 2/12/10.http://www.beyond.fr/food/gateaudesrois.html
- Brown, Alton. "Tres Leche Cake Recipe. Food Network. 2007. 2/11/10.http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/tres-leche-cake-recipe/index.html?rsrc=search
- Chatholic Culture.org. " Gateau des Rois." 1990. 2/10/10.http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/liturgicalyear/recipes/view.cfm?id=1298
- Davidson, Alan. "The Oxford Companion to Food." Penguin Books. 1999.
- Delia Online. "Sachertorte Recipe." Undated. 2/15/10.http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/type-of-dish/party-food/sachertorte.html
- Delia Online. "Scottish Whisky Dundee Cake." Undated. 2/12/10.http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/type-of-dish/sweet/scottish-whisky-dundee-cake.html
- Easy Home Cooking Magazine. "Condensed Milk vs. Evaporated Milk." TLC.com. Undated. 2/12/10.https://recipes.howstuffworks.com/tools-and-techniques/condensed-milk-vs-evaporated-milk.htm
- Fabulous Foods. "Kulich - Russian Easter Bread." 7/23/07. 2/12/10.http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/article/43/17750
- Food Museum. "The History of Cake." Undated. 2/12/10.http://www.foodmuseum.com/excake2.html
- Food Timeline. "Cakes." Undated. 2/10/10.http://www.foodtimeline.org/foodcakes.html
- Freson, Robert. "The Taste of France." Stewart, Tabori & Chang. 1983.
- Fun Trivia. "Which Country Invented Cake." 10/10/08. 2/12/10.http://www.funtrivia.com/askft/Question100112.html
- Jaworski, Stephanie. "Pavlova Recipe." Joy of Baking. Undated. 2/10/10.http://www.joyofbaking.com/Pavlova.html
- Mesnier, Roland and Lauren Chattman. "Roland Mesnier's Basic to Beautiful Cakes." Simon & Schuster. 2007.
- Pack, M.M. "On the Trail of Pastel de Tres Leches." The Austin Chronicle. 2/13/04. 2/12/10.http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Issue/story?oid=oid%3A196888
- Peters, Colette. "Cakes to Dream On." John Wiley & Sons. 2005.
- Prime Time Russia. "Easter Exclusive: Kremlin's Festive Pies." 4/26/08. 2/14/10.http://rt.com/prime-time/2008-04-26/Easter_exclusive_Kremlins_festive_pies.html
- Rampant Scotland. "Traditional Scottish Recipes." Undated. 2/14/10.http://www.rampantscotland.com/recipes/blrecipe_dundee.htm
- Stucchi, Lorenza De Medici. "Great Desserts." International Culinary Society. 1989.
- Tongue in Cheek. "French Gateau de Rois." 1990. 2/12/10.http://willows95988.typepad.com/tongue_cheek/2006/01/french_gateaux_.html
- What's Cooking America. "The History of Cake." Undated. 2/12/10.http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/CakeHistory.htm
- Winget, Mary. "Desserts Around the World." Lerner Publications. 1991.
- WiseGeek.com "What is Condensed Milk." Undated. 2/14/10.http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-condensed-milk.htm