- Place oven rack to lowest position. Preheat oven to 450°F. Rinse eggplant. To prepare eggplant, trim off cap and stem end. Cut eggplant into 1/4-inch-thick slices with chef's knife. Place in large colander over bowl; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Drain 1 hour.
Sprinkling the eggplant with salt will
help remove any excess moisture.
- Place eggplant slices in a single layer on baking sheet or jellyroll pan; brush both sides lightly with some of oil.
Brush both sides of the eggplant with oil.
- To roast eggplant slices, bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned on bottoms. Turn slices over with tongs; roast about 5 minutes more or until tops are lightly browned and slices are softened; set aside.
The eggplant will be done when the
tops are brown and softened.
Learn how to prepare butternut squash on the next page.
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- Vegetable Recipes: Both tasty and good for you, vegetables are a great vehicle to try out new seasonings and cooking methods. Find plenty of ideas on our Vegetable Recipes page.
- Grilling Vegetables: Grilling vegetables is not only easy but it also produces a rich tasting, healthy treat. Learn how to grill vegetables in this article.
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.