How to Cook Black-Eyed Peas
- Place fresh black-eyed peas in large saucepan. Cover with water; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, until peas are soft when pierced with fork, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain.
Simmer the peas until they are soft
when they are pierced with a fork.
In the next section, we'll take a look at peas that really are peas...English peas and snow peas.
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- Vegetable Recipes: Both tasty and good for you, vegetables are a great vehicle to try out new seasonings and cooking methods. Find plenty of ideas on our Vegetable Recipes page.
- Grilling Vegetables: Grilling vegetables is not only easy but it also produces a rich tasting, healthy treat. Learn how to grill vegetables in this article.
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.