How to Cut and Slice Cabbage
- Discard any wilted or bruised outer leaves of cabbage.
- Place cabbage on cutting board; cut into 4 wedges with chef's knife.
- Carefully cut away core; discard
- Slice cabbage wedges crosswise to form shreds.
To shred the cabbage, slice the
Learn how to cook another member of the greens family -- kale -- on the next page.
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- Vegetable Recipes: Both tasty and good for you, vegetables are a great vehicle to try out new seasonings and cooking methods. Find plenty of ideas on our Vegetable Recipes page.
- Grilling Vegetables: Grilling vegetables is not only easy but it also produces a rich tasting, healthy treat. Learn how to grill vegetables in this article.
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.
- How to Cut and Slice Onions
- How to Cut and Slice Peppers
- How to Cook Parsnips
See more »
- How to Cut and Slice Beets
- How to Cut and Slice Shallots
- How to Cut and Slice Cabbage
- How to Cook Kale
- How to Prepare Spinach
- How to Cook Tomatoes
- How to Seed Cucumbers
- How to Dice Zucchini
- How to Cook Corn
- Cooking Eggplant
- How to Cook Squash
- How to Cook Green Beans
- How to Cook Lima Beans
- How to Cook Asparagus
- How to Cook Black-Eyed Peas
- Cooking Peas
- Steaming Broccoli
- How to Cook Cauliflower
- Vegetable-Cooking Chart
- See all Cooking How-to articles