How to Cut and Slice CabbageCabbage -- a member of the crucifer family, which includes Brussles sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, and kale -- has long been a popular vegetable in many of the world's cuisines.
- Discard any wilted or bruised outer leaves of cabbage.
- Place cabbage on cutting board; cut into 4 wedges with chef's knife.
- Carefully cut away core; discard
- Slice cabbage wedges crosswise to form shreds.
To shred the cabbage, slice the
Learn how to cook another member of the greens family -- kale -- on the next page.
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- Vegetable Recipes: Both tasty and good for you, vegetables are a great vehicle to try out new seasonings and cooking methods. Find plenty of ideas on our Vegetable Recipes page.
- Grilling Vegetables: Grilling vegetables is not only easy but it also produces a rich tasting, healthy treat. Learn how to grill vegetables in this article.
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.