How to Cook Corn
Sweet corn is a hybrid strain of regular corn designed to be higher in sugar content.
- To shuck corn, pull outer husks down the ear to the base. Snap off husks and stem at base.
Snap off husks and stem at base.
- Strip away silk from corn by hand.
Remove any stray strands of silk.
- Remove any remaining silk with dry vegetable brush. Trim any blemishes from corn and rinse under cold running water.
Scrub the ears with a dry vegetable brush.
- Pour 1 inch of water into large saucepan or skillet. (Do not add salt, as it will make corn tough.) Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add ears; cover. Cook 4 to 7 minutes until kernels are slightly crisp when pierced with fork.
- Remove corn with tongs to warm serving platter.
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- Vegetable Recipes: Both tasty and good for you, vegetables are a great vehicle to try out new seasonings and cooking methods. Find plenty of ideas on our Vegetable Recipes page.
- Grilling Vegetables: Grilling vegetables is not only easy but it also produces a rich tasting, healthy treat. Learn how to grill vegetables in this article.
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.