- Make circular cut with paring knife around top of pepper.
Cut around the stem of the pepper
with a paring knife.
- Pull stem from pepper; scoop out seeds and membrane with a spoon.
Remove the seeds from
the cavity of the pepper.
- Rinse pepper under running water to remove any excess seeds; drain well.
- For rings, thinly slice pepper crosswise; remove any excess.
For rings, thinly slice down
the length of the pepper.
- For strips, cut pepper into halves. Slice halves lengthwise into strips.
For strips, cut the pepper in
half and then cut thin strips.
- To chop or dice, gather strips together and slice crosswise into desired size pieces.
To dice, gather the strips
and cut them crosswise.
Find out how to cook parsnips, a member of the carrot family, on the next page.
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- Vegetable Recipes: Both tasty and good for you, vegetables are a great vehicle to try out new seasonings and cooking methods. Find plenty of ideas on our Vegetable Recipes page.
- Grilling Vegetables: Grilling vegetables is not only easy but it also produces a rich tasting, healthy treat. Learn how to grill vegetables in this article.
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.